Since the weather outside hasn’t been particularly frightful this winter (knock on wood), many people are taking advantage, putting on their winter gear and heading to their favorite spots in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. For those looking to embrace the winter, the Lambertville/New Hope Winter Festival, held January 21 to 29, is the place to be.
In its 20th year, the Lambertville/New Hope Winter Festival is hosted by the nonprofit organization Twin Rivertown Projects, Inc. All funds raised during the Winter Festival are used to improve the community’s recreation department, food banks, social service organizations, schools, and fire, police, and rescue organizations. Nothing beats having fun to support a great cause!
There are many free family- and adult-oriented activities throughout the week, including a food drive, read-a-thon, gallery crawl, soup-a-thon, ice carvings, art, and hikes and tours. But the real action happens during the paid Winter Festival events. Ticketed events include:
- Fire & Ice Ball (Saturday, January 21) – Put on your dancing shoes and show your best moves on the dance floor! Not only will you enjoy great music, you’ll also get to watch a fashion show with all clothes created by a 16-year-old, local designer.
- Blues & BBQ (Sunday, January 22) – Is there a better way to enjoy a Sunday? Fill up your plate with traditional barbeque and sides while listening to the Bob Lanza Blues Band. The NFL playoff games will also be on, and beverages will be available for purchase.
- Winter Fest Hawaiian Luau (Wednesday, January 25) – While a luau may make you think of warm climate, this winter version is just as good. Rhythm and blues musician John Beacher and 2016 APCA Magician of the Year Ran’D Shine will both perform all evening.
- Historical Pub Crawl (Saturday, January 21) – What’s better than beer and a little history? Watch reenactments of the Trial of the Century, Prohibition Era, Revolutionary War, and Civil War over a drink and snack from each era.
- Taste of Winter Fest (Thursday, January 26) – Enjoy the best of the best cuisine and drinks from the Lambertville and New Hope area – all in one place! It’s a great way to try new things and get familiar to what these towns have to offer.
- Concert & VIP Reception (Friday, January 27) – Arguably the best night of the Winter Festival, “An Evening at Odette’s” features amazing music from Bob Egan, The Brian Pastor Big Band, and Eddie Bruce.
- Beef ‘n’ Brew (Saturday, January 28) – Come to Triumph Brewing Company for their best brews, hot roast beef sandwiches, and live music. The fun atmosphere makes it a great place to hang out all afternoon.
- Karaoke Night (Saturday, January 28) – If you love to sing, this is the perfect night for you. Raffle prizes will be given away to the audience’s favorite songbirds, and the ticket price includes small plates, desserts, and two alcoholic beverages.
- Chili Cook-off (Sunday, January 29) – For the 20th year, local businesses will come together to battle for the title of best chili. Attendees can taste each one and determine who they think should be the winner.
If you don’t want the party to stop after these great Winter Festival events, the friendly faces of the Geno’s Steaks staff would love to serve you your favorite Philly sandwich!