Ah, Valentine’s Day. We can already feel the romance in the air! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and since we live in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia pulls out all the stops for this love-filled holiday.
If you and your significant other are looking for ways to celebrate, there are many Philadelphia attractions that are holding special Valentine’s Day events. Looking for some inspiration. Check out some of our favorite events:
- Salsa Caliente Dance Night (February 13 at 8 p.m.): Come out to the Painted Bride Art Center on the eve of Valentine’s Day for a terrific night of salsa dancing and music with your lover.
- LOVE Statue (anytime): Philadelphia’s most romantic site becomes even more romantic on February 14th. Even though LOVE Park is being renovated, you can still stop by the LOVE Statue at City Hall for a picture with your sweetheart.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest Sweetheart Skate (February 14 from 5 to 10:30 p.m.): Grab your partner’s hand and head over to Blue Cross RiverRink for cocktails and a romantic couples skate.
- Rothman Ice Rink Sweetheart Skate (February 14 from 7 to 11 p.m.): Come out to Dilworth Park for complimentary hot chocolate, flowers, and ice skating that you and your special someone will never forget.
- The PFS Roxy Theater (February 14 beginning at noon): The PFS Roxy is screening romantic movies all day, so all couples are welcome to curl up and enjoy Titanic, The Princess Bride, Romeo & Juliet, and more.
- James Turrell Skyspace (February 14 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.): Head over to Chestnut Hill for a special evening of stargazing – free of charge. What’s more romantic than that?
These are only a few of the exciting and memorable Philadelphia attractions you can check out for Valentine’s Day. We hope you can get out and attend one or more of them!
Once you’re done with the romance and sightseeing, you’ll probably work up an appetite. Stop by Geno’s Steaks and make your favorite sandwich the perfect ending to a perfect day!