Looking for fun Philadelphia attractions? Head over to the Academy of Natural Sciences on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway this summer for exciting science fun! Great for the whole family, the Academy of Natural Sciences is a must-see museum in Philadelphia for visitors of all ages.
Now until September 10, take part in Backyard Adventures. Visitors will see what their backyard would look like if they lived on other continents, dig into some soil, and make their own bird feeders! There are also various shows available throughout the day, including:
- Animals in Philadelphia
- Backyard Bugs
- Backyards Around the World
Admission is an additional $5 for general guests and $3 for members.
Other temporary exhibits include:
- Treasures from the Mineral Vault
- Drawn to Dinosaurs
- Tiny Titans: Dinosaur Eggs and Babies
Take a look at the signature exhibits at the Academy of Natural Sciences, too. A fan favorite is the museum’s “Butterflies!” exhibit, where visitors can walk through a room of butterflies. Some other exhibits include:
- Outside In – hands-on activities and face-to-face experience with small animals
- Dinosaur Hall – over 30 dinosaurs and reptiles in a giant hall of fossils and replicas
- Dioramas – over 34 dioramas of wildlife from multiple continents
What to Know About Academy of Natural Sciences
- Open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Open weekends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekday prices:
- Adults: $19.95, $17.95 online
- Seniors, military, students: $14.95, $12.95 online
- Youth age 3 to 12: $13.95, $11.95 online
- Under three: free
- Weekdays after 3 p.m.: $9.95 online only
- Weekend prices are $2 more per ticket, free for visitors under age 3
- No after 3 p.m. special on weekends
After all your scientific adventures, head over to Geno’s Steaks to grab some dinner! We’re open 24/7 and always ready to serve you our fresh cheesesteaks! Be sure to check out our new shop, Geno’s Gear, to pick up some new shirts or hats. Take a look at other blogs, like the Philadelphia Museum of Art!